Monday, June 30, 2008

Week of Crazy/Awesomeness!


(Seth, our Senior Pastor, and Me)

This week was amazing! Vacation Bible School was such a success.  Of my 30 7th and 8th graders this week, 3 of them made the decision to follow Jesus and 9 of them were baptized yesterday!!!

Kaitlin came and helped me most of the week... I think the Jr. High boys are afraid of her because they soaked her with water and she is committed to retaliation. 

Here are some highlights of this week:
  • Fear Factor Challenges.  Jr. High students LOVE this!!! Just mix ingredients together and make them eat it! Have a trash can nearby so they can throw up, because they will!  Oh, and by the way... I own at "Chubby Bunny!" 
  • Newspaper Ninjas.  This is an awesome game we played on Wednesday night at Youth Group!  I found it on an awesome Youth Ministry site.  You have two teams and give them each a newspaper and duct tape.  They must cover one person in each group with newspaper from head to toe, leaving only the eyes so they can see.  Then the two ninjas fight by pulling the newspaper off each other.  Whoever pulls the most paper off in 30 seconds wins!  
  • Lagoon BBQ.  This was a church BBQ on Saturday.  I was so tired by this time, so I wasn't sure how it was going to be.  To my surprise, I had a blast!  It was so nice getting to know people more and hang out with some of our youth leaders.  
  • Youth Sunday.  Yep, yesterday was Youth Sunday!  The morning where church is run completely by the Youth Group.  Music was earthy and raw, creating an amazing worship experience.  They VBS kids performed and showed off their fantastic dance moves (seriously... these kids have skills).  I preached on our series we have been in for the past month, YouTube: Broadcast Yourself.  Then we had baptisms... AMAZING!  Such a powerful way to broadcast the life-transformation of the Gospel of Grace!!! Feedback for the service was very positive for everything.  



It was a week full of blessings, but I am exhausted. Now I rest.  

2 comments:

Carrie Allen said...

I am so excited for you! I love how you and Kaitlin work together, and are so committed to work together for Christ and His Kingdom. I seriously love you guys. Lets all hang soon.

Kaitlin said...

ps. you left out the best part about chubby bunny!! the boy who josh competed against started bleeding...i know right?!!

on a very different note...you are doing an amazing job and all of your hard work is paying off! God is using you in amazing ways and I love watching you do your thing!!!
i love working with and serving with you--there's no one else I'd rather work with!