Tuesday, June 3, 2008

YouTube: Broadcast Yourself

Well, since I started my full-time youth ministry job, I will be blogging on on that topic more.  Here is my first Youth Ministry post!  

Tomorrow we start a four-week sermon series, YouTube: Broadcast Yourself.  It is a chance for me to "broadcast" my story and who I am to the students as their new youth leader.  I am looking forward to the students doing the same, as I teach on things like testimony and our identity in Christ.  Our broadcast as Christians is the Gospel contextualized in each individual story.  

We will explore how Israel broadcasted God in their lives, how Paul broadcasts the Gospel, and what Ephesians has to say about our identity in Christ.  We will then explore "corporate broadcasting" in worship and communion.  To finish it off, we have Youth Sunday, where we will be able to broadcast individual stories of God's love, faithfulness, and salvation to the congregation!

So now I ask you the question, "How are you broadcasting Christ in your life?"

1 comment:

S G said...

Maybe you should have all your students get blogs.