Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What I Love About PCI...So Far!

So I have been working at Pacific Church of Irvine for a little over a week now, and I have to say that there are many things I am thankful to the Lord for.  Since I love blog lists, I shall grace you all with one now:
  • The close-knit, welcoming community/body of Christ.  Kaitlin and I have felt so embraced and loved in such a short amount of time.  Everyone from the staff to the students have been a major blessing!
  • The nurture and investment of others who are committed to see my grow into me position.  I cannot stress how amazing this is!  I feel like I am being discipled into my job by very wise people, which I greatly appreciate.  At the same time, I feel trusted as a leader of the youth group.  
  • The snapshot of the world in such a small place.  Irvine is VERY culturally diverse.  Almost every major ethnic culture is represented here, and it is refreshing.  I am forced out of my tunnel vision and thrust into a global mindset.  
  • Gelson's Market!  Have you ever been here?  Seriously, you must go!  It's like a gourmet shopping market.  Coffee shop, salad bar, groceries, and pastries! Google it. 
  • Hanging out with awesome students for a living.  This is rad.  The guys and girls are rad.  Let me tell you... it's rad!
  • Boba.  Everywhere...BOBA!
  • Parents who go out of their way to let me know that they are glad I am here and they are available to help anytime.  This is probably every youth worker's dream.  I am so impressed. 
  • The fact that I have had sushi twice in the last week with people from the church.  So good!
  • Meetings at Strawberry Farms.  Nice. 
I praise God for the many blessings in my life, at my new church home, and in my relationships.  My he receive the glory and not me.  May I rejoice in his goodness and faithfulness, even when it is difficult to be thankful.

No comments: