Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cake + Bible + Baseball + Dads = Blog Update

Here is the update I have been waiting for so long to do.  I have been so busy for some reason and have had no time.  My weekend is just a taste of the next 3 weeks ahead of me... I need to find time to rest rest rest! 

CAKE
Kaitlin and I went cake tasting on Friday for our wedding.  It was so much fun.  However I could not look at cake without getting sick afterwards.  Read all about it on Kaitlin's blog

BIBLE
I have found that I am craving the Bible more and more.  I have tons of opportunities to read it, but I am not bathing in it.  This sounds so strange, but books and commentaries have actually been keeping me from the Word.  I have decided to take a one week fast from extra materials in order to focus on the Bible.  This will be more fruitful for myself, my relationships, and my teachings.  

BASEBALL
Last night the Youth Group went to the Angels' game!  We had a ton of fun talking, eating, taking pictures, and NOT watching baseball! Here is a photo review:

Most of the group.


Cuz' we're cool like that...


The Girls...


Kaitlin and the gang!


The after-fight!



DADS
Happy Fathers' Day!  I have to say that this Fathers' Day I have appreciated my dad so much.  He does so much for my brothers and I, especially through the recent family difficulties.  Please tell your dad "Happy Fathers' Day!"  No matter how much or how little they point you to your Heavenly Father, rest in the fact that the Lord will never leave us, stop loving us, or providing for us.  Yay for Fathers!!!

2 comments:

Cami said...

I totally know what you mean about books and commentaries keeping us from the Word. Those things are definitely useful and helpful, but we must always remember to (first and foremost) turn to the original. :)

Carrie Allen said...

wow. you are such a youth pastor right now...and that's a good thing!