Thursday, June 19, 2008

Vision

God has been teaching me what it means to be a visionary.

Let me explain.

In my first three weeks of full-time Youth Ministry, I have been bombarded with phone calls, emails, calendars, sermons, and event planning.  I love it!  I get stressed at times, but I love the planning and always having to be on my feet.  However, I have recently been longing for a little more.  A little more Jesus.

No, a lot more Jesus.

Part of the way I have been trying to lead the Youth Group is with casting a vision and leading everyone in it.  This is good.  It has been working.  People are enjoying it.  

Today I realized something, though: It's not enough to just cast a vision and lead others in it.  I must LIVE it!  This is such a simple truth, but if the gravity of its simplicity is grasped and put into practice, there is flourishing!  

Live the vision you are leading others in.

Everyone has some sort of vision.  For Christians, the following is true for us all:

The Vision is Jesus.
Obsessively.
Dangerously.
Undeniably.
Jesus.

Christians ought to live Jesus in every moment.  Live his love.  Live his forgiveness.  His grace.  His truth.  His death to self.  LIVE THE VISION OF JESUS. 

I pray that God teaches me how to lead well by living well.  I pray the same for all followers of Jesus Christ.    

No comments: