Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Update


So I have decided to do a monday update every monday. We'll see how long it lasts.  I think it will be good to keep in reflection mode and challenge me to process the things I don't care to blog about.  Here we go...

Where am I now?  I am currently at home sitting on the couch in our front living room.  I took Monday off this week because I worked 6 days last week.  I still haven't got dressed for the day. 

How was last week?  Last week was a roller coaster for me.  Last Sunday was encouraging because of Youth Sunday.  I felt filled and encouraged all the way until Wednesday night, then discouragement came.  Thursday morning I was encouraged and filled again, but the filling and encouraging kept coming and coming all the way through Sunday. (I still feel encouraged and filled for the record).

What is God teaching me right now?  I think God is challenging me with being joyful, since I am preaching through Philippians and the book is about joy.  Also, there has been a common theme of outreach and evangelism that I feel God's Spirit pushing me into. 

What am I excited for this week?  "4 Your Friends"- an outreach event on Wednesday night at our Youth Group. 

What is something random from the last week?  Kaitlin and I went on a walk to the middle school across from our house (where we both attended) and discovered that they have playground workout equipment! It's so funny and awesome!

What music have I been enjoying recently?  A random mix CD I have in my car that I titled, "Awesome LIVING!"

What books am I reading?  What books aren't I reading?!?! I really am bad a finishing books, so I am "skimming" a few: "Speaking to Teenagers," "The Vision and the Vow," "The Epic of Eden," "Sacred Marriage," and "Praying Through the Tabernacle." 

What am I reading in God's Word?  Philippians 

How can I reach others this week?  Joy conversations, lunch at Irvine high school, and pursuing reconciliation and rebuilding with someone. 

1 comment:

S G said...

Josh I miss you and Kaitlin!! But glad that it sounds like you are doing well! :)