Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday Update #3


Where am I now?  In our condo, in the dining room table.

How was last week?  Awesome!  God has been so good! Here are some highlights: (1) Had some great one-on-one conversations with people. (2) Megan and Davey got engaged! (3) Youth Group has had a great turn-out recently. (4) Celebrated 2 months of marriage with my beautiful wife! (5) Enjoyed mountain biking with Kaitlin's dad (my father-in-law).  (6) Saw MAJOR progress in a student's spiritual journey! (7) "KINGS" on NBC premiered! 

What is God teaching me right now?  God is teaching me how to be the best leader i can possibly be.  One HUGE realization is that my leadership depends immensely upon the people I surround myself with.  I am so blessed to have awesome people in my life!  

What am I excited for this week?  I am so excited just for possibilities!  There are so many of them...I just want to catch God's dreams!  Also, our Student Leadership Retreat is this weekend and I can't wait! 

What is something random from the last week?  Kailtin and I modeled for our photographer friend Matt Chenot's homework assignment.  He had to photograph a bride and groom outdoors, so we went to a monastery I knew of.  It didn't cross our minds how ironic it was that a wedding photo-shoot would take place at a monastery, until an angry monk made us leave!  Too funny!

What music have I been enjoying recently?  Jon Foreman's "Spring" and RockHarbor's "Sabbath Reflections" ... Kelly Clarkson's new song is pretty awesome too!

What books am I reading?  Courageous Leadership by Bill Hybels 

What am I reading in God's Word? Philippians 

How can I reach others this week? (1) Encouragement; (2) Passion; (3) Prayer; (4) Joy; (5) Developing

1 comment:

yazz said...

yay!! this is awesome. i think you should listen to my churches podcasts too.. Tim Chaddick.. Reality LA. You will LOVE IT. I promise. Also.. rules, lists, all of those things are awesome. AND the capitcha is THEPIA. which made me think of thespian, which you are. AND I promise i will call you, I have just been trying to organize my life a little. MY ROOM IS CLEAN! YOU WOULD LOVE IT! hahaha i want to come over soon!