Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday Update #2


Where am I now?  The Block of Orange waiting to meet have a lunch meeting.

How was last week?  Last week was a great week!  There are a couple of awesome things that happened: (1) "4 Your Friends" outreach event for the Youth Group.  We had 38 students show up, which is great!  (2) I had lunch at a couple of high schools and just had a blast! (3) I found the BEST JOURNAL IN THE WORLD (pictured above)!  This is the same journal I had about 4 years ago...it was the best.  However, I haven't been able to find it again until now! I'm so happy! (4) Had a great Saturday: breakfast and coffee with Kaitlin, Dad, and brothers; productive around the house; double date with Megan and Davey at Lucille's BBQ; music night at Peet's Coffee with lots of friends; Wii Fit at home with Meg and Davey...so much fun!

What is God teaching me right now?  I think He is teaching me that I am exactly where I am supposed to be in life. This includes relationships, job, ministry, etc.  This does not mean I am complacent, but I am confident that I am trying to be obedient. God is blessing that obedience and I am able to discern His will because of the place I am in.

What am I excited for this week?  I am excited to plan the Student Leadership retreat, hang out with cool people, and go to Comedy Dinner Theater Night at church on Friday.

What is something random from last week?  Two O.C. mom's stopped me at Cinnamon Productions (O.C. Mom Mecca) to ask me about my hair, my stylist, product, and on and on and on...  It was really funny!  Doesn't really surprise me that hair and hair product was so fascinating to them. I laughed a lot!

What music have I been enjoying recently?  Fleet Foxes!!!

What books am I reading?  A whole lot of a lot of different books... never just one.  I am trying to find "It" by Graig Groeschel.  No one has it.

What am I reading in God's Word?  Philippians, still.  I am loving it, though, and enjoying teaching through the book!

How can I reach others this week?  I think I just need to keep my heart and mind open to the possibilities of every conversation and situation.  I can dream big about what God wants to do in people's lives and how I can be a tool for that.  

No comments: