Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I Love Lists on Blogs!

Okay, so I realized that I love doing blog entries with lists in them.  They look cool and are easy to read (and write).  Plus, I love lists in the first place.  It must be my type-A personality.  Anyway, this is my list on my thoughts and what is going on this week. 
  • Just two more finals left!  I cannot wait for this to be over.  However, finals were pretty easy this semester.  No more than one thing a day.  
  • I found a new awesome place on campus.  I'll probably blog on it later.  It's just a shame that I found it so late.
  • New favorite thing: washable crayons for wall art!  Very childish, I know, but awesome for studying for tests and preparing for sermons.  My dorm wall is currently covered in brainstorms on John 3-4.  The only downside (or sometimes upside!) is that the other guys on the hall can get a hold of them and write messages in unexpected places in your room.  
  • I am excited to be home in my own room.  There is just something about having your own place that makes me feel centered.  Books, art, plants, and candles-- my escape! 
  • There is a sweet European band called Alphabeat that is amazing!  Watch their music video, "Fascination."  It rocks! 
  • God is the God of the ordinary.  He uses ordinary people, places, and things to show and teach us extraordinary things.  
  • I am going to Las Vegas next Friday with my brothers.  We are flying out for a night to meet our Dad, who will be there for business.  We will be seeing Spamalot! the Monty Python Musical.  It should be a cool time of relaxation and fun.
  • Summer classes I'm taking: New Testament Theology independent study with my greek professor, Dr. Yoshikawa.  I am really excited for this!  I will also be taking Political Science and Social Problems online through Saddleback College.  Should be pretty easy. 
  • Still looking for a job.  Waiting on a call from the church about the youth pastor job.  Trusting God's provision and greater plan in whatever happens. 
  • I saw my brother's musical, Into the Woods on Saturday.  He played Jack from Jack and the bean stock.  He did awesome! Go Jordie!
  • Why is it so hard to receive grace over trying to earn it?
  • I may get straight A's...or close to it. Crazy!
  • God is Good!

2 comments:

Carrie Allen said...

I should do a list blog...jas

Carrie Allen said...

dangit, i did it again....typing in the letters for the word verification in my comment. now you are going to think you have two comments, but really they are both from me. sorry.