Monday, October 13, 2008

So Much and So Little

Recently, I have had SO MUCH to blog about, but SO LITTLE time to do so.  Life is crazy--full of wedding plans, school, work, relationships, being sick, and very little down time.  However, the Lord has blessed me with strength to get up in the morning and do it all over again.  Here and there I see God in the ordinary and am recharged!  Isn't it amazing that our awesome God is real and involved in the daily?!  It's so rad.  

So anyway, these could all be blog posts by themselves, but I the time is short.  I will do my best to recap the highlights of all things.  Here we go:



  • Biola Youth Conference -  This was way fun. We talked about how " The Word became flesh and dwelt among us" (John 1:14).  Not only that, there were some sweet pics with the Jesus mural!!!
  • Hindu Temple-  Kaitlin and I went to a Hindu temple with our World Religions class.  It was an interesting experience, full of dancing, crazy artwork, loud bells, and chanting.  There was a lot of beauty in the worship, but I sensed a lot of spiritual strongholds.  I spent most of the time we were there praying.  



  • Hanging out with students- This has been a blast.  A lot of my relationships are starting to grow with students in the group.  Each day looks different and there are always surprises.  This is what ministry is all about, though.  
  • Wedding plans- Coming along well.  Kaitlin is making our wedding awesome!  She is working so stinking hard, and I feel like all I do is say "Yeah I really like it!"  I'm so excited... Less than 3 months away!!! CRAZY!!!
  • When God Weeps- This book is really interesting.  It was written by Joni Erickson Tada (a quadriplegic) and she is speaking in my Theology of Suffering and Disability class next week.  I really am enjoying exploring suffering on a deeper level.  God is using this book in little ways in my life right now.
  • Little encouragements- I have been blessed by so many things and so many people.  It is incredible to me!  I love random things like this!
Well, that's a little recap.  Hopefully I will be on top of blogging.  If not, just check my Twitter.

No comments: