Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Questions for Action

My old boss and mentor, Katie Powell, is famous for starting sentences with "What does it look like for/to..."  I used to think it was really funny, and it is kind of fun to impersonate her.  However, I find myself asking other people questions with her famous preface.  I have also been thinking of some of these questions for myself.  Here they are...
  • What does it look like for me to begin preparing my heart and soul for marriage?
  • What does it look like to be productive in all areas of my life (relationships, work, spiritual, school)?
  • What does it look like to internalize disability in regards to spiritual formation?
  • What does it look like to finish strong this last semester?
  • What does it look like to be others focused?
Yeah... I need to ask myself these questions.  They are very abstract, but they force me to think practically.  I love seeing what things can become.  I think that's why my advisor, Lance, calls me a dynamic learner.  I just pray that I can start to use these questions as a springboard to action.  

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

yay katie! grab a bev!