Saturday, April 19, 2008

These Are a Few of My (Current) Favorite Things!

This post is dedicated to compile all of my current favorite things.  I say current because it all changes so often.  People who have known me for a while (Mark, Kaitlin) know that this is VERY true.  I love exploring new things. So, here they are.  I know I'll miss some things, but oh well.  I also have them categorized.  

Favorite Music:
  • Pretty. Odd. (Panic! at the Disco)  I never thought that I would like them, but this new album is really good.  It will make for a great summer album.  It reminds me of The Format's second album.
  • RIOT (Paramore)  Again, I would have never guessed I would be into them.  Whatever.  I guess I just am just lame like that.  But honestly, that girl has an awesome voice!  
  • Spring EP (Jon Foreman)  The lead singer from Switchfoot (also Mark's bff!) has been releasing an EP for every season (Fall, Winter, now Spring, and eventually Summer).  It is filled with amazing Sufjan-esque arrangements and beautiful lyrics reflecting God's transforming power.  It bleeds life.  
Favorite Drinks:
  • Starbuck's Pike's Place Blend  This is a Bold blend according to the website, but Mark says it's a medium blend, but either way, it is so good!  It tastes very full and rich.  I also really like the direction that Starbucks is going.  More of the local coffee shop feel.  
  • Stove-top Espresso Kaitlin's Mom and Dad (the future In-Law's!) gave me one for my birthday.  It is heavenly!  The Peet's Espresso Blend is great too!  They know me all to well!
  • Sparkling Ice  This stuff is so amazing!  You can get them from Costco.  They have only like 10 calories per bottle and taste so good!  I'm pretty much obsessed, along with my Dad, brothers, and Kaitlin. 
Favorite Bible Stuff
  • Genesis  I have been working with it a lot for Old Testament Theology with Dr. Talley.  I know I will probably love Exodus just as much once I finish working on it.  The theme of redemption is so amazing!  I noticed a cycle of redemption, too: God as King > Shalom/Rest > Chaos/Disorder > Redemption.  Genesis 3:21 is my favorite verse of the book: "And the LORD God made for Adam and his wife garments of animal skins and clothed them." This shows God's act of covering and redemption right after the Fall.  It is so beautiful. 
  • Romans 8  This has given me such great hope in the unfailing love of God, His power, and my identity in Christ Jesus!  
Favorite TV Show
  • The Hills  I know, I know.  But if you only understood how lame it is and how much "drama" is wrapped up in every second of it, you can't help it because it is so stupid!  It's really the only thing I watch. Kaitlin and I catch up with Tivo every time we come home from school. 
Favorite Movies
  • 21  Kaitlin took me to see this on my 21st birthday.  I know, kinda corny, but it ended up being one of my favorite movies!  It is so awesome!  I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.  That is saying a lot, since I don't particularly like watching movies. 
  • My Cousin Vinny  This is classic.  You must watch it.  So funny!  
Favorite Book
  • Prayer (Richard Foster)  I have read this once before and it thrust me into a lifestyle of intense prayer.  God is using this book in my life right now for many things.  I highly recommend this to everyone! 
Favorite Past Times 
  • Blogging  I love reading friends' blogs, random blogs, and writing them.  I also like trying to convince other people to start blogging, too!  It's fun.  I love seeing into people's lives in a new and interesting way.  A lot of people think that it is strange and impersonal, but I think there is a lot more depth!  
  • Jacuzzi  Always fun and relaxing!
  • Conversations  I have been valuing conversations more and more lately.  I have kind of been out of the loop with a lot of people, and I feel the need to be connected more intentionally.  Also, I have been pursuing more intentional conversations with God through prayer.  
  • Reading  Books for school, books for fun, the Bible, old journals, blogs, and magazines.  
  • Brainstorming  I have been trying to piece together a lot of things in my life-- Everything I have learned at Biola as a Bible major, my future as a husband, my future career, my ministry as an RA right now, my family, and my relationships.  I know I am on the brink of something new.  I will wait for God to bring me there, but keep dreaming and setting visions until then.  

2 comments:

Carrie Allen said...

What I am about to say is a legitimate request.

I need you to save all the Hills episodes on tivo, and then I will graduate college...and I will come over and watch them all in one sitting with you guys.

that's all.

Mark Dodd said...

For all concerned readers: i am the mark mentioned in this blog. if you think that makes me important, you are correct.