Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Kingdom in Our Midst


Yesterday was an amazing day of my eyes being opened to the Kingdom of God in our midst! Prayer, words of encouragement, conversations, and beauty slapped me across the face. It was a day of shalom: the way that things ought to be. My heart was blessed by professors, my residents on HOST, and the Holy Spirit. Walking by Biola's coffee shop, I saw people laying their hands on friends in prayer. I saw Bibles open, people laughing, students and professors eating together. Simple things. Powerful things. Signs of the Kingdom. The Spirit is alive and active at Biola and in the world. However, the Enemy is as well. We must be proactive members of the Kingdom. Fight the good fight! Live! Love! WE MUST FOCUS OUT EYES ON THE KINGDOM OF GOD! It is only in the context of the Kingdom that life and discipleship makes sense: It ushers in the floodgates of grace. It drives us forward in obedience. My thoughts are not complete, and I am not sure how to communicate what I'm experiencing. Forgive me for my jumbled words and messy theological exhortations. I know that I am on the brink of SOMETHING. God has something for life, ministry, and the people in our generation. Let us pray, seek, plead the Lord that His Kingdom come in its completion SOON!

1 comment:

Carrie Allen said...

i was just thinking about this...