Monday, April 21, 2008

Centered and Ready

My RA Staff joked with me and said that "centered" and "ready" are words I use to describe myself a lot when we have to do a one or two word description of our lives, but it's true.  I feel very centered and I have not for a while.  For a while I was off of my axis and unable to function well.  It was a very refreshing long weekend for me.  I am back in the groove of things: RA, school, relationships, prayer, and some sort of joy.  

I am also feeling ready. I am ready for the opportunities in front of me.  I feel ready for what the Lord has.  I am prepared to listen.  I am present.  I have found that that is one of the most important prayers to pray: Lord, I am ready and I am here.  So often I am not present and attentive to God and others in the moment.  I can get so caught up in the future that I forget about the NOW!  

May we all learn to be present and attentive to everything around us, to live in the Fear-of-the-Lord... Live in sacred time, walk on Holy ground! 

No comments: