Friday, November 21, 2008

Micro-Gospels

Yesterday I started discipling a student through the book of Matthew.  He wanted to learn what this whole "Christianity thing" really was rather than buy into his parents faith.  I was so excited to see his maturity in the situation.  He really has a hunger for truth.  So as I we went through the first couple chapters of Matthew, I was so encouraged by the micro-gospels I saw within the larger context of the Gospel of Matthew.  In almost every other verse I saw whispers of redemption, salvation, hope, and Jesus!  It focused our time to talk about salvation and the Messiah!  Praise God for his meticulousness in speaking to us and revealing the truth of Jesus Christ! 

1 comment:

Cami said...

I've talked to so many people recently who are thirsting for the Lord, wanting to know more about Him. God is so good!