Wednesday, November 19, 2008

FIT

So today I began my healthy kick!  I am shaping up for marriage... which is in like 50-something days! Not only do I want to be in fit physically (nice abs, decent guns, defined pecs... you know...the things ladies like), I also want to be spiritually fit and well equipt to lead and serve Kaitlin as my beautiful and glodly wife!  So here is my plan/the things I am focusing on:
  • Run or exercise once a day (I started with a mile today--which was difficult since I haven't been exercising in a while-- but hopefully I'll get up to 2 or 3 a day).
  • Stay in the Word daily.
  • Pray for our marriage and relationship.
  • I've been watching The Peasant Princess sermon series from Mars Hill Church by Mark Driscoll.  It is an amazing series on the Song of Solomon.  It makes me so excited to be married, have a wife, and be a man who will lead her.
  • Healthy eating.  Here are my favorite healthy foods: grapefruit, quinoa, protein bars, red peppers, celery, yerba mate green tea, lean turkey, egg whites, and lots and LOTS of water!!!
I love getting into shape both physically and spiritually.  When I do it combined, I feel good!  So, ya...that's what I'm up to.  (P.S.-Kaitlin told me I have been slacking in blogging, especially about myself, so there ya go!)

4 comments:

oomerfoo said...

olives help...

Cami said...

I have been listening to Peasant Princess! It is so good!

blythe said...

way to go josh! LGN plan...haha.

and, i love Driscoll. even when he irks me, which i guess isn't allll that often.

Kaitlin said...

the ladies like? plural...

huh?!