Thursday, September 4, 2008

4 Things I Need More In My Life

  1. Prayer.  I need to talk to God a whole lot more.  Not only that, but I need to just listen to him.  A couple weeks ago I was driving in my car, texting, listening to the radio, and eating fast food.  I remember stopping in that moment of craziness and thinking God, I don't want to forget you in the midst of all these noises and distractions in life.  I can combat the danger of these things taking over my life with prayer.  
  2. God's Word.  I must see the amazing gift of the Bible to us.  I need to be filled with verses so that I can encourage others.  It must be the lens in which I live out the rest of my life, make decisions, and speak to others. 
  3. Wise Counsel.  I was reminded today of the beauty of encouragement by other Christian brothers or sisters.  God uses them to speak to us and point us to Him!  He also gifts others with understanding and wisdom that we cannot always see in our own circumstances.
  4. The Holy Spirit.  I REALLY need the Holy Spirit!  I must be filled. Empowered.  Led.  Encouraged.  I don't put enough emphasis on the Spirit's work in our lives.  People I know who actually listen to the Holy Spirit are the ones who seem to "get life."

No comments: