Monday, August 18, 2008

What I Learned Last Week

  1. I really like podcasts.  My favorites are Simply Youth Ministry, Relevant, Desiring God Ministries, and Rockharbor.  For some reason, I really like listening to people talk.  I think I even like it a bit more than music.
  2. I am way more Republican than I thought, or at least more pro-McCain than I thought.  I really like his view on education, vouchers, spending, abortion, and energy.  I guess I'm a liberal Republican (for those of you who like labels). 
  3. When a coffee-drinker stops drinking coffee, he goes through withdraws.  I am four days coffee-free and the headaches have stopped. The only caffeine I have had is a couple sips of diet coke and a cup of green tea.
  4. Carpet laying is difficult.  I have laid almost 800 sq. feet of carpet yet.  I am gaining more skills than expected in this job.  
  5. There is a difference between working for the church and working for God.  They overlap, but ultimately, working for God is more important.  I have to remember that!
  6. Writing things down is very important.  If I don't, I forget major deadlines.  
  7. Fast food makes you feel bad...fast!  I can't even communicate how crappy  I have felt because of the crappy food I have been eating.  I am in detox mode.  

1 comment:

Carrie Allen said...

yup, i need to detox as well.