Monday, December 28, 2009

Working out of Rest

A couple months ago I was completely drained from life, relationships, and ministry. I got to a place where I forgot the heart of why I was in ministry to begin with. At times it can still be difficult not to slip into that same mindset, however, I learned something during that time that keeps me mindful of a healthy rhythm I need in order to keep sane.

WORK OUT OF REST!

Yep. Work out of rest. I need to be filled in order to serve, fill, and minister to others. If not, I'm done.

This is biblical, too. You see, we tend to work in order to rest, sleep, tak vacations, have personal time. God seemed to have set it up I'm a different way. When he created the world, each creation act ends with this phrase: "and there was evening, and there was morning-- the first (or second, third, etc.) day." (Genesis 1: 5,8,13,19,23,31)

Night was the first part of the day, then daylight. We were created to rest in order to work! This should be the way we opperate. I know that if I don't, I run myself to the ground.

God, help me remember that I need to rest in order to work. Keep me filled with your Word, godly relationships, and prayer in order to be an effective worker for your Kingdom!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

This is awesome Josh. Keep plugging away at what you do. Your ministry and your life means so much those around you. Keep doin what your doin! You are amazing!