Saturday, August 1, 2009

catch up

its been a while. not like the song, but like the time lapse since my last post. here it goes...
well, folks, i spent the entire day (literally, the ENTIRE day) going through receipts and working on our finances. we have kept every receipt since january and we are accounting for every penny spent. my reason in this is to make a budget that is a lot more reasonably based, rather than trying to guess back in january how much everything is going to cost us. these last 6 months we just spent normally and now we are ready to evaluate and see where we can cut back and where we can loosen. i need to finish tomorrow, but i also need to do the rest of the stuff i planned to do while kaitlin is gone. (so much to do, so little time). but, i really miss my wife. ( i may or may not have talked to our kitten a lot, lit candles, and listened to jazz music alone while she was gone. you'll never know.)

2 comments:

Carrie Allen said...

i want to get together soon. so much has changed...

Kaitlin said...

So Carrie, I don't know if you wanted to get together with me too, but I want to catch up too! I miss you!