Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"No matter how deep our darkness, He is deeper still."

"No matter how deep our darkness, He is deeper still"
-Corrie Ten Boom

My emotions have not yet caught up to me.  It makes me sick and numb. 

Cognitively, I know that God is good and He will be glorified--that isn't the difficult part.  

The difficulty is in the pain.  It's in the human condition.  

Sitting in pain and despair is the most exhausting of all places I have been.  

Dream-like, numb, and at my end, I sit knowing that I am powerless.  My hope is that He is powerful.  

The scariest thing is the faith has never felt more real than right now.  It well may be that all of the "wonderful" moments of praise, learning, worship, love were training me for these moments.

My darkness is deeper than ever, but I meet Him in the darkness.  In the flood, in the loin's den, in the fiery furnace, in the whale's stomach, in the ashes and sackcloth, in the Roman cross.  

1 comment:

Carrie Allen said...

He's with you, through it all.