Tuesday, July 13, 2010

SET APART: Pacific Youth Summer Series


This summer at Pacific Youth, we are studying 1 Peter. Our theme is SET APART and we are seeking to learn and live out what it means to be set apart from the world as Christians. Our theme verse is 1 Peter 2:9:
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
It has been a blast learning for myself what being set apart looks like in all areas of my life...and a challenge as well. A couple of things that have stood out are:
  • I am set apart (this is part of the new identity God has given me), so I need to start acting like that in my day to day life.
  • Owning the idea of being an alien or stranger in this world...and loving it because it means my true home is in heaven
  • My life in Christ is imperishable, unfading, everlasting.
May the Lord bless our ministry this summer, change hearts and lives, and further his Kingdom with the Gospel!

No comments: