Monday, December 22, 2008

Joyce


Today I received a phone call from a woman who lived alone and had no food in her house.  She was unable to get any herself because of her medication and the fact that she was in a wheelchair.  The person who was supposed to be coming to bring her food never showed and she was without a meal for a while.  She asked us if we could help.  I was the only one in the office, so I was unsure of what we usually did for a case like this.  I remembered the money that kids raised for VBS that was in my drawer for this exact purpose!  I picked up a couple students, Josh and Mikey, and brought some groceries over to here.  She was such a wonderful woman, and we were so blessed by her joy and thankfulness.  The Lord provides the needs of all of us.  Joyce was my reminder of that today!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Fabulous! Thank you for being Jesus' hands and feet. And grocery cart. And car. And for taking a couple of guys with you. And posting about it.

That's it. That's all I'm thanking you for.